Sunday 9 May 2010

The Holy Spirit Prays Through Us

‘Brain Fog’ is a common  symptom of ME,  where we can’t concentrate, forget what we are doing, ect… It can be quite comical at times!

My Brain Fog is worse on some days than others, and on the days when it is bad I find it hard to concentrate on praying, or I get my words muddled up! I was reminded of this verse yesterday:

“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the spirit is praying, for the spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s will.” Romans 8 v 26-27

It’s so encouraging to know that even if I get my words muddled up when praying, God knows exactly what is on my heart! If I pray the wrong thing, the Holy Spirit will change my words so that they make sense.

If I am finding it hard to concentrate I can just come before God and ask the Holy Spirit to pray through me, and he will!

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Abbey - I've just discovered you on VeeVee's blog!

    I love this. It is so wonderful to find someone else who recognises God's hand in their M.E. I know He is teaching me things through it, too.

    I love the quote from Romans. The following verse (28) has been my watchword since I became a believer in 1984: "For we know that all things work together for good, for those who love God, who are the called according to His purpose." All things means just that - good and bad, and including M.E.!!!

    I shall start praying for you Abbey.

    Come and see me on my blog!
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete